All Cognac comes in a genuine wooden box except Hennessy range.
In 1765, Richard Hennessy laid the foundations of a priceless collection made up of his most exceptional eaux-de-vie. Since then, eight generations of the Hennessy family have enriched the Founder's Warehouse with their own contributions of the finest cognacs produced during their lifetimes. It is from this collection that Hennessy has created Richard Hennessy, as a homage to its founder.
Richard Hennessy is made up of more than 100 of the most exceptional eaux-de-vie, aged up to 200 years. Each one has been selected for its unique qualities. The finesse of the finished cognac is a testament to years spent slowly maturing in oak barrels.Balanced and complex, the rich bouquet slowly releases a succession of aromas that have built up over the years: vanilla, spices, pepper and delicately fragrant flowers.In the mouth, the infinitely refined texture reveals an extraordinary palette of flavors that blends spices, the subtle essence of ripe fruit and the finesse of oak.
How to enjoy Richard HennessyTo savour the full flavor of this exceptional cognac is a privilege. Take a tulip-shaped taster’s glass, or a small snifter of the finest crystal. Ensure the opening of the glass is small. This will guarantee the gradual release of the aromas. According to Talleyrand, celebrated 18th-century French politician and illustrious customer of Hennessy, to enjoy a cognac such as Richard Hennessy one must "cradle the glass in the palm of one’s hand, swirl the spirit to release its full aroma, lift it to one’s nostrils, inhale deeply and then... set it down and discuss its virtues".
A symbol of pleasure and sophistication, Hennessy V.S.O.P presents its celebratory festive collection with the Hennessy V.S.O.P and 50ml red miniture gift pack, inviting you into a world of harmonious coppery hues.
• V.S is a blend of about 40 eaux-de-vie from the four first growing areas of the Cognac region. Hennessy V.S displays a beautifully bright golden color.• The powerful bouquet is dominated by overtones of oak, giving way to reveal a delicate scent of hazelnuts.Intense and floral, V.S combines the sweetness of red fruits with a hint of vanilla that lingers on the palate. How to enjoy V.S • Hennessy V.S has traditionally been enjoyed after a meal but it is also very popular mixed with ice and soda water, tonic, orange juice or ginger ale, as a long drink.In the USA, cocktails have made a strong come back with young, upscale consumers with for example the Hennessy Femme Fatale or the Hennessy Player.
• The product of a gradual blend of about 60 eaux-de-vie taken from the four first growing areas in the Cognac region, V.S.O.P is slowly matured in old barrels from which most of the tannin has been extracted.
• A delicate blend of wood notes and spices, punctuated by the scent of cloves and cinnamon. Sophisticated, sensual and harmonious, it is characterized by the fragrance of honey and a suggestion of liquorice.How to enjoy V.S.O.P • The delicate, smooth flavors and aromas of V.S.O.P Privilège mean that this is an ideal cognac to be enjoyed straight. Around the world V.S.O.P Privilège is also found more and more as a long or “High Ball” mixed drink. Favourite mixers are mineral water (still or sparkling), soda water, ginger ale and tonic water.
• EXtraOrdinary, Extra Old. X.O was created in 1870 by Maurice Hennessy for the private use of the Hennessy family. X.O was then commercialized and shipped that same year to Ireland and then to Shanghai as of 1872. Hennessy X.O, the original of the category eXtra Old, was re-launched in 1947 in the now famous and very sensual decanter ‘à pampres’.Characteristics
• Hennessy X.O is blended from more than 100 eaux-de-vie specially selected from the four first growing areas.• Rich, full-bodied and complex, Hennessy X.O combines the spicy aromas of oak and leather with the sweeter essences of flowers and ripe fruit. Well-balanced, the initial flourish is dominated by the powerful suggestion of pepper and rancio, which testify to the long years it has spent being aged. Complex and long-lasting.How to enjoy X.O • Traditionally X.O has been enjoyed following a fine meal. However more and more people are discovering the added pleasures of X.O "On the Rocks". Simply add one or two ice cubes and a "splash" of water to release the aromas of the blend.
The Hennessy XO flask has an innovative opening system to standout and offers a prestigious gift box with drawer that reveals the flask.
Inspired by the work "Rock Grows", this exclusive collection, the sixth of it's kind, is a tribute to X.O's creative strength and subtle alchemy, turning cognac into a sublime elixir.
This iconic decanter has shaped Arik Levy's Rock and engraved his trace upon the surface of the giftbox that seems to be distorted from inside by its vibrant & radiant power of creation.
• In 1774, Richard Hennessy set up a small warehouse on the right bank of the River Charente to house his rarest eaux-de-vie. It is now known as the Founder’s Warehouse. Since then, eight generations of the Hennessy family have built up what is now the finest collection of old eaux-de-vie in the world. It is from these that Hennessy has been able to create Paradis Extra.Characteristics
• Paradis Extra is the fruit of a series of marriages between hundreds of different eaux-de-vie, nurtured to maturity by successive generations of the same family of cellar masters.Tasting notes
• A veritable fireworks display of spices and peppery notes, softened by the fragrant scent of flowers. Finesse and elegance are the major characteristics. Perfectly harmonious in the mouth, Paradis Extra reveals itself to be smooth, full-bodied and long- lasting on the palate. Its force and finesse, plus the delicate flavor of rancio, give it a perfect balance.How to enjoy Paradis Extra
• Exceptional cognacs such as Paradis Extra should be enjoyed in tall, thin glasses that narrow slightly towards the top. Such glasses retain the aroma and transmit easily the warmth of the hands to the spirit. Releasing its freshness and fruitiness, take a small mouthful; the flavor fills the palate with a fine and long finish.
Wow what a cognac! Instantly recognisable by its fine, fruity, kumquat, wood spice and fruit cake peel nose - complex and mature, yet with masses of youthful fruit depth. Excellent depth on the palate, with tangy mangosteen, kumquat fruit, fine, mellow and long. Fruity and grilled nut complexity to close.
Vieille Fine Fine Champagne 15 years
Grande Vieille Grande Champagne 32 years
Petite Vieille Petite Champagne 30 years
Spicy, fruity, smells like galangal, peel, pine and almost floral. Tangy, spicy, nettley flavours becoming smooth, supple mid palate and evolving fine dry, nutty 'rancio' characters to close.Peppery.
Mild oaky smelling with good depth, malty spicy fruit with some old floorboards and peat. Mellow and plump textured in the mouth, almost sweet, with good length and finishing dry to close. Has old wood patina and marmalade peel. Excellent stuff
Packed in a wooden box